Why is sports nutrition so important??
The food you eat has a massive impact on your sporting and athletic performance. All sports and athletic events require 3 key macronutrients (protein, fats and carbohydrates), but they require them in very different amounts and types depending on the training you do. Recovery from training is also greatly influenced by your nutrition. In order to be able to perform optimally in your training sessions day after day, you need to ensure that you recover appropriately from every session. Food is crucial to this process.
Is sports nutrition the same for all sports and events?
No. The type and amount of food you need to eat is dictated by the length of your training sessions, the intensity of the training sessions, the type of activity e.g. endurance running vs weight lifting vs repeated sprints, and the volume of training you do each week. If you are a marathon runner then your diet needs to provide you with the energy and nutrients you need to perform long runs, hill runs, interval sessions, tempo sessions etc. and to recovery from same. If you are a team sports player then your diet needs to provide you with the energy and nutrients you need to cope with repeated sprint training, resistance training, speed, agility, strength and power training, and recovery from same. It can be very difficult to know what to eat and drink before, during and after training and competition. This is an exact science so let us do the work for you!
What is included in our sports nutrition workshops?
- Each workshop is tailored specifically for each client, club or team.
- We will teach you the specific fuel you need for optimal performance in your sport and optimal recovery from training and competition.
- We design these workshops so that they are very practical and provide you with examples of the best breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks for your sport.
- There is specific emphasis on the pre and post exercise meals.
- Hydration is also a very important topic that is covered.
- We give you a summary of the presentation to take home.
- We provide you will all of the recipes that you need.
- We can also help you with your racing or competition nutrition strategy for the days leading in to the event and on the day itself.
Where do the workshops take place?
Individual consultations take place on site in our True Fitness studios (Portarlington & Portlaoise, Co. Laois), or via phone, skype or email. The group workshops take place on site in True Fitness or at our clients premises for your convenience. Contact us today if you would like to discuss the workshop that is perfect for you!