Name: Olivia Sheerin
Credentials: I am a personal trainer, having qualified NCEF in personal training, gym instructor, exercise to music, and strength & conditioning. I have also qualified as a TRX instructor.
Achievements: I have won half and full marathons, am the holder of two national medals for the Dublin City Marathon, and have also won medals for Laois and Leinster Cross Country. I have completed Ultra marathons, and am a category winner of the Ultra 63K marathon, Connemara 2017. In February of 2016, I became a member of the 100 mile Club, successfully completing a required 100 miles over a 24hour period, the first event of this nature held within the country. All these achievements have been accomplished injury free, the result of employing proper training technique and a planned approach to each event.
Personal Statement: “My focus is to provide individuals with the knowledge to train effectively towards maximum results while avoiding injury.”
Name: Ruth Kavanagh
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Human Nutrition
- Currently completing a 12-month Research Masters in partnership with True Fitness, IT Sligo and the Irish Research Council.
“I am a research nutritionist with a strong passion for promoting evidence-based nutrition advice and educating people about common misconceptions regarding nutrition in a simple and understandable manner. I have a strong interest in nutrition research. I completed a research study as part of my undergraduate degree which focused on the dietary analysis of cardiac rehabilitation participants. This research was of great significance for the development of a nutrition component for the phase IV cardiac rehabilitation programme in True Fitness. At present, I am a research assistant investigating the dietary intake of cancer survivors in Ireland, investigating physical activity levels of older adults in Laois and since September 2019, I have started my 12-month research Masters scholarship. This research is in partnership with the Irish Research Council, Institute of Technology Sligo and True Fitness. This research aims to evaluate the impact of our 6-week community-based ‘True Transformation’ lifestyle education and physical activity programme on dietary intake and the physical, cardiovascular and metabolic health of farmers living in Ireland”.
Name: Anne Kavanagh
- 2nd of Ireland and 32nd overall in her age category in World Triathlon Championships
- Represented Ireland in Gateshead, UK in World Masters cross country and her Irish team achieved 2nd overall
- Racing competitively for 36 years and ha achieved numerous titles in track and field in Laois Seniors, Leinster and National cross country
- Has completed 16 marathons in Ireland and abroad
- In recent years has focused on adventure racing (kayaking, cycling and mountain running) and triathlons (cycling, running, swimming)
- Leinster and county titles in swimming
- Strength and conditioning
- Step aerobics
- Disability Inclusion Training
- Pre & post natal exercise
- Qualified swim teacher
- Aqua aerobic coach
- Child safeguarding
- 21 years of experience in coaching groups (kids, adults, older adults and people with disability) strength and conditioning sessions and individual personal training sessions
“Be not afraid of moving slowly
only of standing still”